Monday, June 12, 2017

Flat Earth



June 12, 2017

Greetings from the flip side,

I like to think of myself as open minded.  Which is how I excuse the fact that I am sometimes naive and not well informed.  Combine that with an overactive imagination and too many science fiction novels in my formative years, and now you have license to call me gullible.

So I’ll admit to being influenced by a variety of theories that have been floated over the years, including alternative universes, time travel, and the whole thing about Paul McCartney being dead and Elvis being alive.

But this time I have done my research and I am convinced.

Recently Rapper B.o.B. and Cleveland Cavaliers player Kyrie Irving have told the press that they believe that the world is flat.  I missed that in my headline news feed, (in part because I don’t follow basketball and the last rapper’s name I knew was Biggie Smalls) but this in no way minimizes the credibility of these two.  After all, they are famous and successful so they are probably experts in astronomy.  And physics. 

But because these two brave pioneers came out on the subject, Flat Earth experts flooded the media with interviews, and eventually that bled through into my narrow cocoon of heliocentric ignorance. 

I visited several Flat Earth websites and blogs and I have learned the truths that have been kept from us by Neil deGrasse Tyson and those whackos at NASA.  Astrophysics, the ‘theory’ of gravity, geology, the fairy tale about the changing of the seasons, all of that is made up.  It is one of the longest running pranks in history.

So; the earth is not a globe, it is a disc.  The ‘north pole’ is at the center, and the perimeter is surrounded by a wall of ice, which we see as the ‘south pole’.  No one knows what is beyond this wall of ice.  We are not spinning on a ball, we are spinning on an LP. There is a variety of proof for this, but it begins with the fact that when you look at the world it is flat.

I went outside to prove this and it’s true.  I was just on my deck, (flat) and looked as far as I could see and the world is flat.  I went to my neighbor’s yard; flat. It has been staring me in the flat face my whole life. 


What occurred to me this morning is that if the earth is flat, it only makes sense that there is another side, probably populated with another 8 billion people!  And they are spinning in the exact opposite direction as we are.  Imagine that. (I wonder if THEY know the world is flat.)

This would explain why sometimes at night I can hear people talking outside my window, and then I look and there is no one there.  Or why sometimes I hear a loud ‘thunk’ from an unknown source, or the sound of music that I would not listen to.  It is just our downstairs neighbors on side B.

Armed with this new knowledge I have been propelled into postulating solutions for the world’s problems.  For example, it’s possible there is a conduit between our side of the earth and the other side.  I believe this is where my missing socks go when I do the laundry.

Recently the carnival came to our little town and I saw the ‘Round Up’ ride, which is basically a giant flat disc that spins.  The people on the ride are pinned to the circumference by some magic force that also induces nausea, disorientation and dizziness.  Combining this scientific study with my new knowledge about the spinning disc we live on, I think I may have discovered the source of a host of illnesses, not to mention the effects of alcohol.  I plan to submit this information in a paper to the New England Journal of Medicine. 

This revelation has opened up a whole new world to me, literally.  I will look at my place on our plane in a whole different way, one with less dimension and the without the distraction of science and natural laws.  It is so refreshing and liberating to finally see the world through the eyes of a child.  Or a dachshund. 

Hope this finds you holding on,

David



Copyright © 2017 David Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment