March
13, 2017
Greetings from
just before,
It would be fair
to say I am living in the past. Not in
any romantic, nostalgic way, but literally in the past. Like most people in my part of the country, I
now exist precisely one hour back in history.
During the
night on Saturday, while I was dreaming of sleeping a solid eight hours,
civilization moved ahead without me. When I woke on Sunday morning, everything I
knew was in the future. I was left
dazed, confused, torn between one world and another. It is as if aliens had visited our planet
and created an alternative future. One
for everyone else, and one for me, an hour later.
This rift in
our reality has left me separated from my normal life. My eyes are half open and my mind
unfocused. Life is blurred, because I am
trapped sixty minutes ago, as if the sands in my hourglass got wet with
condensation and clogged in that little narrow channel where it normally sifts
to the lower part. It is a really
awkward metaphor. See how desperate I
am?
If you believe
the Real News, you’ll know that no one likes Daylight Savings Time. Polls show that a near majority, 43%, think
that Daylight Savings Time is an outdated concept and should be abolished. It is possible that the only reason that DST
still exists is because that’s what the Russians want. Russia does not observe DST and the U.S.
does. That should tell you something.
As everyone
knows, the Bible is very clear about mankind interfering with the natural order
of time. As found in the book of Exodus:
‘And Moses
arose at sunrise and made his way to the top of Mt. Sinai and there he met the
Lord.
And God said: “Why
are you late?”
And Moses was
ashamed. “Lord, I didn’t realize that this morning we spring forward.”
God said unto
Moses: “Write this down on your tablet: Thou shall not observe Daylight Savings
Time. If I see anyone messing with the
clocks I am going to smote you with serious pestilence.”’
There is a
growing body of evidence that shows that randomly changing the time causes the
extinction of certain species of birds. Just
yesterday, the first day of DST, a cardinal came very close to extinction when
he crashed into the window in my kitchen.
How long can we go on ignoring the plight of fragile species related
remotely to the Kirtland Warbler and the American Bald Eagle? Are we willing to let the symbol of American
freedom go the way of the Dodo bird all in the name of an antiquated agrarian
concept designed to enslave children to manual labor?
I believe the
tide is already turning on DST, because now the survival of humanity is at
stake.
Daylight
Savings Time causes climate change. A
recent study by world renowned scientists from the widely renowned World Renowned
Science Center for Renowned Studies illustrated how time change has affected
the earth’s temperature.
It turns out
that when people start their day an hour earlier they release more greenhouse
gas into the atmosphere. I know you’ll
want to read the study so I won’t spoil the ending but it makes perfect
sense. Start your car, crank up the
factory, put cows in the field, burn more coal; one hour more of these
activities times hundreds of millions of people equals environmental catastrophe. It’s no surprise that global warming has
increased every year since the inception of Daylight Savings Time.
If you are for
saving the planet from extinction, if you want to keep the American Bald Eagle
alive, if you want to keep the Russians from controlling our country, if you
are against enslaving children, if you want to follow God’s law, if you are against
awkward metaphors, then write to your congresspersons and tell them to repeal
Daylight Savings Time.
Even if you
don’t care about all of those things, surely you want me to live in the
present. Only you can bring me back from
an hour ago. With your help I can live a
normal life again.
Hope
this finds you falling back,
David
Copyright
© 2017 David Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment